So! I'm pregnant! Thought this might be a nice idea so all of my friends and family can keep up with my daily thoughts, feelings and goings-on during my pregnancy.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Getting ready for B

Well, it's been another hectic couple of weeks since coming back from Fiji as we have been busily making some room here to fit in another little body.

The day after we got back from Fiji I had another ultrasound appointment at the hospital. From this scan we could find out what sex the baby is. Daniel and I had both decided quite a while ago that we both wanted to know if it was possible so... now we do! We also don't mind if the whole world knows and most of the family and friends have been told. However, some people don't want to know so click here if you would like to know whether it's a boy or a girl. Also, keeping this in mind, if leaving a comment could you please refrain from referring to it as he/she for the sake of others. Anyway, it was an exciting day, and we're really just glad that so far the baby looks healthy, with all its bits in the right place. I've also just started to feel the baby move now - well, I think it's the baby. Having not done this before its hard to tell sometimes so I'll just go with it. I would put in another pic but we haven't scanned them yet and it really doesn't look that much different from the last one.

A couple of days after that our friends Greg and Mel and their two children, Bailey and Jaime, came up from Hobart to Queensland on holiday. They stayed with us for the first few nights and then went and stayed at the Gold Coast for a week. Bailey's 7 and Jaime's 5 so they were really excited to go to the theme parks again. I think they all came up a couple of years ago and did a similar thing but as the kids are a bit older now they were able to enjoy it more. Bailey's tall enough now to go on all the coolest scary rides and Jaime's not really a scary rides sorta girl, so she was happier with the more sedate ones.

The day they all arrived was the same day as my Dad also arrived to stay with us. Boy, did we have a houseful! No, really, it was great! Dad slept in the spare room (soon to be nursery) and Greg and Mel slept on the sofa bed in the lounge. The kids had sleeping bags so we put them to bed on our bed to fall asleep and then transferred them later on to matresses in the lounge too. Greg and Mel know Dad quite well too so we all had a ball. Far too much alcohol consumed (not by me of course!) and some really great food (thanks everyone else for cooking - I did bugger all!) and just a really great time catching up and hanging out.

The main reason for Dad coming up though was to help out with all this stuff that needed doing around the house. The first priority was getting a slab laid for our new big shed. This meant taking down the old small shed, digging a suitable hole, and boxing it ready for cement delivery on Monday. Dad was straight in to that on Friday morning (he arrived Thursday night) and it was all ready to go on Saturday. To spare you all the details here is the summarised list of everything Dad did in his 13 days here:
  • dug-up, boxed and laid 2 slabs
  • built shed
  • took 300kgs rubbish to tip
  • cleaned up back veranda (most stuff went into new shed)
  • mounted dryer on wall in laundry
  • fixed hinges on study door
  • put extra brackets on shelves in kitchen
  • filled in side wall of garage
  • put shelving units together and tidied up garage
  • mounted outdoor speakers
  • rearranged the computer room well as countless other bits and pieces along the way. Bit of a superhero is my Dad! Daniel and I did help a bit with a few things but as Daniel was at work most of the time and I'm not allowed to lift much we really don't count.

So as you can see from that list I have a really good excuse for not getting to my blog sooner. I've been making hundreds of cups of coffee and getting the beer out of the fridge at just the right moment. Got to keep the workers happy my Mum always says!

So it was back to work for me on Monday. Greg and Mel came back up to stay with us Monday night (thanks Dad for the great Shepherds Pie) and then I dropped them to the airport on my way to work Tuesday morning. I was rostered off Wednesday so I got to spend my last day with Dad. We went out for brunch and then went shopping and bought me a new office chair so I don't have to sit on a dining chair any more at my computer. We had an early dinner together and then I took him to the airport to wave him goodbye. I know I'll see him again in a few months when they come up for the birth but I miss him already. Love you Daddy xxx


Post a Comment

<< Home