So! I'm pregnant! Thought this might be a nice idea so all of my friends and family can keep up with my daily thoughts, feelings and goings-on during my pregnancy.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Emotional Stuff

If you've read Daniel's blog recently you'll already know that B is being quite active now. Especially when Mummy wants to settle down to go to sleep! Daniel is really excited to be able to feel the movement inside me and so am I. Where as before B would only move a little and I couldn't feel it for long now it feels like it's having an all-night party sometimes! I'm sort of used to it though and find it really comforting.

We're all very excited today as we're going to pick up B's new cot! We found an excellent buy in Target yesterday at Chermside but they didn't have any left in stock. So Daniel and I are going up to North Lakes to get one this afternoon when Daniel finishes work where they have one on hold for us. I think it's a Baltic timber colour and meets all the Australian safety standards and was as cheap as a good second-hand one! Target has had a three day sale on nursery stuff and we just happen to be there on the right day. We still have to buy a mattress for it but we would have done that anyway if we'd bought a second-hand cot. I'm sure we'll be putting it together tonight so we'll take a photo and post it as soon as we have one. We've done a bit of research into using the port-a-cot as a full-time cot and there are a few safety issues with it. It would also be hard on the back once B was able to sit up as we wouldn't be able to use the bassinet part then. This Target cot has an adjustable base so it can be higher when B is little and lower for later on (so B can't climb out).

In other news, I had a very emotional day on Saturday. Every little thing made me burst into tears. The worst thing was I was at work! It started with me realising that I had told work that I had an appt with the Dermatologist on Wednesday night at 5.50pm so we had arranged for a full staff meeting at 6pm on Tuesday night. When I was checking my diary on Saturday morning I saw that my appt was actually on Tuesday! Doh! It was my job that day to ring all the staff to tell them about the meeting anyway so I thought we could change it to Wednesday instead. Then I was reminded it was the final State of Origin football match that night. Probably not likely to get all staff to turn up then! So then I rang Jody to tell her the great news and she said she'd get back to me. In the meantime I had tried to ring the Dermatologist's office to change the appt but being a Saturday they were closed. I also had a cranky customer on the phone which normally I would have been fine about but I burst into tears again as soon as I hung up from her. Then, to top it all off my Mum rang. This is usually a lovely surprise and would have put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. However, I realised at that moment that it was her birthday and I had said I was going to ring her first thing and forgotten completely. This still wouldn't have been the end of the world except that I had already forgotten to even send a card! I was on the shop floor when I answered and asked her to hold while I transferred the call to the back office. I closed the door again and picked up the phone. I tried to be strong and sound happy and apologise for not ringing but in stead I just burst into tears again! Poor Mum. She was very good and tried to cheer me up. It's really not want you want to deal with on your birthday - or any day for that matter. I was still talking to her when Paula stuck her head into the office and said Jody was on the other line for me. I said bye to Mum and started talking to Jody. She said that we would still have the meeting on the Tuesday night and I should try and change my appt on Monday when the office was open again. She could tell something was wrong too and I ended crying AGAIN on the phone to her. Blah! Stupid hormones. She told me to go outside for 10 minutes and sit in the sunshine and get myself together. Which I did and it did help. I was fine for the rest of the day at work but still a bit teary when I got home. My wonderful husband was the best though. He gave me lots of cuddles and even made a chocolate pudding for dessert to try and cheer me up. What would I do without him?

Well, nothing else to report for now. Ciao!


Anonymous said...

Those hormones have got a lot to answer for.
Love Dad & Mum

3:02 PM

Kirsten said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day Jules!
Lucky you've got Daniel to look after you :)

4:20 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home